(1) Always walk on the footpath only. On roads without footpath, walk on the extreme left hand side of the roads.
(2) Do not be impatient on the road. Do not rush or run on the road.
(3) Cross only at Zebra crossings, traffic signals, subways, foot over-bridges.
Where such facilities do not exist, look for a safe place to cross.
(4) Never cross a road at a corner/curve, as the motorist taking the turn will not be able to see you in time.
(5) Running across the road is a bad idea, as you may slip and fall.