The following are tips that can help you avoid becoming a victim of a crime when you are out and about, or working at your job.
• Keep the child informed about the dangers outside.
Denial of such problems will result in children misjudging the security.
• Always keep a check on the child, while he is playing outside.
• Train him/her to raise alarm, when somebody takes them or they are in trouble. The best advice is to give a whistle and ask the child to blow it whenever neccessary.
• Always keep a watch on the presence of strangers in your locality.
• Always encourage the child to talk with you, so that he/she might tell their difficulties.
• Look out for sudden behavioural changes and counsel them whenever needed.
• Be informed about the symptoms of child sexual abuse.